opening ourselves with the hinging daylight hours

Wednesday, January 4, 2017


Second Sunday after the Epiphany
January 15, 2017
ART -- PRAYER




http://aferich.blogspot.com/2013/01/place-and-holy-water.html




Isaiah 49:1-7
49:1 Listen to me, O coastlands, pay attention, you peoples from far away! The LORD called me before I was born, while I was in my mother's womb he named me.

49:2 He made my mouth like a sharp sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me away.

49:3 And he said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified."

49:4 But I said, "I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; yet surely my cause is with the LORD, and my reward with my God."

49:5 And now the LORD says, who formed me in the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him, and that Israel might be gathered to him, for I am honored in the sight of the LORD, and my God has become my strength-

49:6 he says, "It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the survivors of Israel; I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth."

49:7 Thus says the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel and his Holy One, to one deeply despised, abhorred by the nations, the slave of rulers, "Kings shall see and stand up, princes, and they shall prostrate themselves, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you."

Psalm 40:1-11
40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.

40:2 He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.

40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.

40:4 Happy are those who make the LORD their trust, who do not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after false gods.

40:5 You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you. Were I to proclaim and tell of them, they would be more than can be counted.

40:6 Sacrifice and offering you do not desire, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required.

40:7 Then I said, "Here I am; in the scroll of the book it is written of me.

40:8 I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."

40:9 I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; see, I have not restrained my lips, as you know, O LORD.

40:10 I have not hidden your saving help within my heart, I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation.

40:11 Do not, O LORD, withhold your mercy from me; let your steadfast love and your faithfulness keep me safe forever.

1 Corinthians 1:1-9
1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,

1:2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, together with all those who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:

1:3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1:4 I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that has been given you in Christ Jesus,

1:5 for in every way you have been enriched in him, in speech and knowledge of every kind

1:6 just as the testimony of Christ has been strengthened among you

1:7 so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1:8 He will also strengthen you to the end, so that you may be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1:9 God is faithful; by him you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 1:29-42
1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him and declared, "Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

1:30 This is he of whom I said, 'After me comes a man who ranks ahead of me because he was before me.'

1:31 I myself did not know him; but I came baptizing with water for this reason, that he might be revealed to Israel."

1:32 And John testified, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him.

1:33 I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'

1:34 And I myself have seen and have testified that this is the Son of God."

1:35 The next day John again was standing with two of his disciples,

1:36 and as he watched Jesus walk by, he exclaimed, "Look, here is the Lamb of God!"

1:37 The two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus.

1:38 When Jesus turned and saw them following, he said to them, "What are you looking for?" They said to him, "Rabbi" (which translated means Teacher), "where are you staying?"

1:39 He said to them, "Come and see." They came and saw where he was staying, and they remained with him that day. It was about four o'clock in the afternoon.

1:40 One of the two who heard John speak and followed him was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.

1:41 He first found his brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which is translated Anointed).

1:42 He brought Simon to Jesus, who looked at him and said, "You are Simon son of John. You are to be called Cephas" (which is translated Peter).






On this great day when our water has broke, we break this ground.  Let the waters from the sky fall and soften this hard  and dry land.

 

Let the scrap metal of our waterfront become the inspiration of beauty  in sculpture yet to come. Let the king fisher, egrit, shad, heron, mussels call this place home., and to the red-tail  hawk hovering above us, thank you.

 

“Let justice roll down like a river, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.

Wild, cleansing, deep, or calm

 Let people fall in love on this place here with the water, the flowers, birds, and each other

 

 

L-rd our G-d,

this night your people keep prayerful vigil.

Be with us as we recall the wonder of our creation

and the greater wonder of our redemption.

Bless this water:it makes the seed to grow,

it refreshes us and makes us clean.

You have made of it a servant of your loving kindness:

Through water you set your people free,

and quenched their thirst in the desert.

With water, made holy by Christ in the Jordan,

you made sinful nature new in the bath that gives rebirth.

Let this water remind us of our baptism;

Love and gratitude.

 

 

Water,

the first moments of the world's creation
 hovered you

by the outpouring your flooding 
foreshadowed regeneration, 


the chosen people,
 set free from slavery passing through you

 

running on the water, / coming through the fog, / your sons and daughters. / Let the river run, / let all the dreamers / wake the nation. / Come, the New Jerusalem   

 

the other world is here, and now

 

Rev 22:2  In the midst of the street in the city by the urban farm, on either side of the river, was there the tree of life [see Rev 2:7 ], which bare twelve [ 12 ] manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.  

Rev 22:3  And there shall be no more curse:

 

“Breathing in, I see myself as still water. Breathing out, I reflect things as they are.”

 

This is the place where the boats will launch, for near and far destinations, kites will fly,  lovers will fall in love , and time  will stand stands still each evening during the golden hour, the setting of the sun. Let us touch this water and be healed. Let our faith in this new city bring us to this place where we learn to walk on the water.

 

Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle."

 

 

Let the fiery sun-set each day bless this place at Phoenix Park,

"Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. firebird, warming our hearts and imaginations, new beginnings, and as

 

The Dalai Lama said “It is vital that when educating our children’s brains that we do not neglect to educate their hearts.” May this park be a classroom for our  hearts moved by beauty and caring for that which we know.

 












1/17/2010


Today at Sacred Heart we celebrated the first miracle of Christ at the wedding fest. He turned the water into wine.

When the water had been turned to wine, Jesus' servants took the water to the head chef for him to taste it.

"Many weddings put the good wine out first, but you, you have saved the best wine for last."

Jesus transformed 25gallons x 6 jars = 150 gallons of wine , and the miracles flowed.


Here's to you and your wedding feasts!!! The Epiphany




1/29/2010



At Sacred Heart in Camden, NJ you will find that the liturgy leads to justice. It always does and it always will. Within this liturgy of justice circling deeper with each turn, we know that Art will save us. Art then and the creative process intersect with social justice teaching within various schools of theological movements. Some of my favorites include process theology and liberation theology.

It is a great liberation to be so embraced by the church as artists, to value more of the traditional aspects of process and the interconnectivity of life forces inherent in indigenous life and the marginalized from dominant decision making .

The image of the divine that i was created in is a fierce left-handed farmer, the creative process drawing me close to co-creation within the canvases of land and life. The first time i can remember the integration of myself as artist and follower of Jesus occurred at the Radnor Quaker Meeting. Out of the greatest silence I found myself within the negative space of prayer, like the untouched lines of the water-color on my wall, the negative space brought a third dimension, a certain capability to reflect light. With this newfound value on the words left unsaid, the lines left unpainted, the slack in my rope, the world exploded BOOOOOM into miracles and mountain-moving. ... within...each...breath...


At Sacred Heart yesterday on the 5th Sunday of Epiphany we had an art unveiling, a certain divine revelation resonating justice.


The Christmas tree remains lit behind Father Michael until Candlemass.



Othmar Carli with Father Michael. Othmar is a world renowned restoration artist who travels to Sacred Heart from his home in York. He has been working on projects at Sacred Heart for 15 years.



The artists and their familes brought up-front during the blessing of the installation to be revealed.

Linda Delangowski is a sage of beauty and life. SHe is a phenomenal painter and floral designer. She waits to unveil the new shrine alter installation yesterday.



Lydia Grace Heatwole can hardly wate to see the new installation!! what a wonderful work of creation she is....





Father Michael telling us the funny story about how Othmar met his wife, when she put her elbow down on his table to catch his attention...


We're a little speechless after church..









It looks AMAZING.






Othmar and his wife the Opera singer
and Father Michael. Othmar is a world renowned restoration artist who travels to Sacred Heart from his home in York. He has been working on projects at Sacred Heart for 15 years.


The artists and their familes brought up-front during the blessing of the installation to be revealed.

Linda Delangowski is a sage of beauty and life. SHe is a phenomenal painter and floral designer. She waits to unveil the new shrine alter installation yesterday.


















Lydia Grace Heatwole can hardly wate to see the new installation!! what a wonderful work of creation she is....



























Father Michael telling us the funny story about how Othmar met his wife, when she put her elbow down on his table to catch his attention...
























We're a little speechless after church..



It looks AMAZING.

















I helped to paint this dome now set as the heavens at Sacred Heart. Othmar was the dark blue, i was the lighter blue hovering over the chaos of the moment of creation with Ruah (the divine breath of God).

Othmar tells really funny and amazing stories....







January 2010 Blessing of Water


THis is the blessing of the holy water to be taken to all ends of the earth, to bless all water with goodness and rebirth, as blessed by the sacred:



Blessing Holy Water at Sacred Heart
Blessing
Holy Spirit, sharer of life, who hovered over the waters of Creation, you have established us in a circle of communion
with the entire Cosmos. Hear us as we ask your blessing.
With this water we bless the rivers and streams. We bless the Ocean and its depths and all the seven Seas, washing
the shores of all the lands. Grant us, O God, a restored consciousness of the holy depths within us. We ask for that holiness which is wholeness, through the transforming power of Your Spirit. Amen







Isaiah 49:1-7Psalm 40:1-111 Corinthians 1:1-9John 1:29-42





No comments: