opening ourselves with the hinging daylight hours

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

praying mantis hatching

I was in the greenhouse the other day. I looked down at the seed saving station, and saw a praying mantis baby. I walked over to the acquarium and discovered that 2 of the 5 egg cases have hatched. I have been a little speechless since the day the praying mantis egg cases hatched. One thousand pairs of eyes coming out of a nugget the size of a cottonball, all staring me down with a committment to devour all insects in my garden. thanks.  i will never forget the look in those eyes, like i hadn't scene them for a year.
I love waking up at 5:30 in the morning and going out to weed and water in the garden. Everything is easy, and the rest of the day, so full of grace, seems to unfold before me.        Pullled weeds until there weren't anymore.

No comments: